Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leaving on the jet plane, I'll be back in 2 weeks

It will take me a day and a half to get to Thailand from here. Flying to Detriot then JFK, stop at Alaska then Hong Kong then Bangkok. A brief stop before heading to Phuket. My friend, Yui will be travelling with me. We had planned this since last year and I have to go back for my father funeral. My nephew, Tao, will become a monk for 2 weeks in honer of Grandpa. It is a tradition for male in the family to do that. He will get married on June 22nd. I haven't met his Fiance' yet and can't wait to meet her. The funeral will be on Thursday 29th. Thanks for my brother, he is taking care of everything.
Ada has been very quiet lately, she does not pay any attention to anyone. Just close her eyes or look away. She also sleep a lot which is good. We get her up on the chair everyday and get out of the room. We go outside if the weather permit, or just sit in the sunroom. Ardis will be in charge while I'm gone. She has a tough schedule ahead of her. First, Tuesday morning, Botox injection at OrthoIdy, then Friday, c-scan and appointment with Dr. Jude. Hum... Do you think he reads her blog? I guess not, may be he does not like the Beatles.
Ardis, Macy and Abby will also handle the visiting hour with Ada. Please call before you come.
We also contact Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor who is a Professor of Neuroanatomy at IU School of Medicine. She is just named TIME magazine list of 100 most influential on the planet. She suggests that we all read her book and then she will talk with us and set a plan for Ada. This is exciting news for us. Just like walking through the dark tunnel, then suddenly someone has offered a flashlight. I will have plenty of time to read her book. Let's hope that she has the answer that we are looking for. Something else I can do to help Ada, beside keeping her clean and make sure she get fed, changed and gets plenty of hugs and kisses from me.
I will ask Ardis to update the blog so we all can keep up with Ada's progress.
Hugs
Ponsawan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan,

I can't wait to see you on Monday at JFK to start our trip. I will wear my best walking shoes; JFK is promised to be very crowded and rather unpredictable.

Let's read Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's book together during our 30-hours trip home. Thank you for sharing this great news of hope and faith.

Thank you Ardis, Macy and Abby. I realize that without your help Ponsawan will not make this trip.

We will be in touch.

Love,
Yui

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan,

Last night when I got the e-mail from Dr. Jill I sat at the computer and cried. This might be the door we have been waiting for to open. Someone who cares enough to share her knowledge about the brain and how we can work together for Ada.
Go on your trip with this exciting news on your heart and find some peace on your journey home.

Now I will try to update the blog but...no one can fill your creative shoes. So,if you see things that you want to change and you can find the time in Thailand feel free to critique my work...you always do anyway. LOL

Love,
Ardis

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan, Ardis and Ada,

These are such good news about Dr. Jill! I too got tears in my eyes when I read the news. There is hope, MORE hope. I can't wait to hear what she says. So what is the title of her book? I am sure she has written more than one. I want to read it. Thanks!

2 weeks will seem like eternity to us, but wonderful for you,Ponsawan. You need to be there with your family.

Best wishes to you, Ardis and Ada.

Love,

Frances

Anonymous said...

the book by Dr. Taylor is called "My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey"

I just bought it at Barnes & Nobles and it was on a table in the middle of the main isle... so hopefully if you check B&N it will be easy to find. (That was the B&N in HOUSTON! So Indiana should for sure have it!)

Good wishes and joy,
-Kim