Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A new chair has arrived

I have a big calender where, every night, I write down what Ada had done today that different than yesterday. A tiny step but a giant one for her. For example, on Sunday she respond by blinking her eyes when we wave our hand in front of her. Yesterday she bend her right arm more and she can get her hand almost to her chest. With fear and frustration in her eyes, I have to look away. She also starts showing some emotion through her face. We decided to cut her medication in half to see if there is something more she can do. Sure there is another factor of "pain" that we do not know of, pain medicine and anti-depression drug will be given to her.
I have to say that Ada had received the best care that the staffs at American Village can offered. All the questions, all the concerns that I have, had been answered. Everyone is working tirelessly to take care of her. Thank you, thank you.
Today we put her on the chair. It is a special recliner on wheel that can be adjusted to any position. She looks comfy in the chair and fell asleep the whole time. Adding the portable humidifier machine, we can wheel her out of the room to meet her neighbors or even go outside when it is warm. They also weight her today. The liquid, high protein, and non-fat food that she has, does not give enough calories that she needs, but they will adjust that.
Other than that, she looks good, her skin looks good, she can cough up and clear her lung very well. Also she can breath through her nose, bypassing the teach. Pretty soon they will train her to breath on her own take out the trach, then she can talk. The speech terapist has started working with her already.
So everyday she has so many people come in and out of her room. Tomorrow, the ambulance will pick us up to go to the doctor. They will look at her right ankle, the one with cast.
For me, .... hum, to tell you the truth, very fustrated by all these. I fell like having "out of body" experiences because I have neither power nor control of my life. I just get up in the morning and do what I told, I can't make any decision or too afraid to make one. Ardis is taking care of everything. Without her, I am not sure what to do.
Hugs
Ponsawan

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember--you are her mother, and you have every right to make decisions for her! Don't be afraid to stand up and speak your mind, or ask questions! It's very overwhelming, I'm sure, but you are her words right now as she cannot speak. You are her advocate! It isn't much fun to feel like you've lost control. And when you feel too overwhelmed, don't forget to take time for YOU...that is so important!

Anonymous said...

My dearest Ponsawan,
I can't tell you how much I feel for you right now. This is probably the first time you let us see your vulnerability, which is natural for all mothers, all human beings. You have been very brave going through all these, and still giving us Ada's updates with a cheerful, positive voice. Go well my dear freind. We are with you all the time.
Love
Ting

Anonymous said...

Dear P Jim,
I am glad to hear about Ada recovery condition recently. Just want you to know that all of us(796s, P Nui & P Noi etc.) here in BKK are with you.They keep watching your blog to get updated info of Ada and you everyday.
Especially, we are so sorry about what happened to your dad last night....He will be in our memory always.
Pls take care yourself na ka.
R Maew

Anonymous said...

Ponsawan,

I am very sad to hear that your father passed away last night.

I am speechless. I pray that God continues to bless you with strenght and comfort during this trial time.

Love,
Yui

Anonymous said...

My dearest Ponsawan,
I have to reiterate that I can't tell you how much I feel for you right now, when I found that you have just lost your Dad. Things seem to happen at the same time as though to prove your strength. Please don't lose your faith. Please carry on. Allow yourself to be human, but know that we are all holding your hands. We are taking each step through this hardship wih you.
My dear friend, a common belief in our country says that when a younger person untimely suffers a life-threatening danger and suddenlty an elderly in the same family passed away in a timely manner; it means the younger person will be perfectly fine. The older saved the younger, so thay say.
I pray more and more for you and your family.
Ting

Anonymous said...

I'm too very sorry for your loss. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
R-Noy & Eliana Kelly

Anonymous said...

My heart and prayers are with you and your family, Ponsawan.

*love*

Kim Cavender said...

Dear Ponsawan, I can't even express how in awe I am of you and Ada. You are both so very brave and strong.

I'm sorry to hear that your father has passed away. May you continue to keep the faith and courage in your heart and mind that will enable you to get through all of these bad times. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Anonymous said...

I would just like you to know, Ponsawan, that sooo many people have you and Ada in their thoughts, more than you could ever imagine. I think of you two every single day, and I know you will be strong enough to pull through...just remember all of those who are keeping you in their thoughts!!!

Anonymous said...

We’re truly sorry to hear that your father has passed away.

Please accept our deepest sympathy for your loss, dearest Ponsawan.

Love,

Nithi & Malisa, Phuket