Sunday, March 23, 2008

On Top of the World


Oh Ada,
I am thinking of you more than ever. In my dreams these days you are always there, radiating beauty and charm. In fact, mostly you are here in my waking moments too. Every time I hear French I am thinking of the weekend we met up in Paris. Riding the elevator up the side Effiel tower, feeling like we were on top of the world- almost literally. You, saying (with the same candid charm as always) that you were the luckiest girl in the world. And me agreeing, only slightly jealous, that you were the luckiest girl in the world. :) And probably the happiest- how many people have it all and appreciate the fact that they have it all? How many times do we get to think-- this is a perfect moment?
That's what I was thinking when I told you that we would be thinking of that moment for the rest of our lives- looking back on that time when you met me at the airport in Paris to continue our tour of the world. But just to clarify Ada, when I said "the rest of our lives" I meant until we were little old grannies, 116 years old (116 so we could live in 3 different centuries) like we planned when I met you in 3rd grade.
Lots of love,
Katherine


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ponsawan,
I've been reading your blog for a while and was sad to hear of your daughter's accident. I have been praying for her and thought I'd write about something I thought of... When a lady in our church had a double aneurism 2 years ago, her husband would ask the doctors to tell him exactly what they wanted to happen next, then he would call our church and everybody would pray for exactly that. If you are praying for something, the more specific the better. So, seeing as so many people are praying for your daughter, perhaps you could ask the doctors for the best progress they want to see, and post that information and we could pray very specifically for that?
Just a thought, best wishes,
Jean

Anonymous said...

dear ponsawan, i've reading your blog about polymer clay, and i read about your daughter's accident....i pray for you and for her, please be patient and be brave....i'm with you.
best wishes,my prays are all for you.