Thursday, March 20, 2008

I kiss her today

Today, after almost 3 weeks, I get to kiss her. She had another surgery to fix her broken ankle. Before the nurse wheeled her into the surgery room, she lowered the bedside barricade and let me kiss Ada. She will have a few screws and metal plate to hold her bones together. This surgery is nothing compare to the previous ones. The first one was right after she was life-lined to the hospital. The doctor opened her head and put pieces of her skull together. The second one was a few days later, when her brain was swollen which caused the high pressure in side the skull. To release the pressure, the doctor cut open her skull, kept the big chunk of it down stair somewhere (she can have it back later), and hope that the pressure would come down. It came down but she ended up having 100 staples on her head.
I spend the night at the hospital, on the couch, in the visitor lounge so I can catch the doctors when they do their round in the morning. Many of my friends had stopped by, many of Ada's friends had been hanging around, keeping me company and spend the night. With so many email and comments on my blog, I was overwhelmed by all the kind words and encouragement from around the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Many have dropped off meals at the house. Many came and pray for her.
Finally, they were able to do the MRI, the result was not good. It showed the damage in her brain stem. The doctor told us to prepare for the worst. The family had a meeting. We decided that as long as she still breathing, still fighting for her life, we will let her, and she did. She is now able to breath on her own. She opens her eyes, yawn, cough, moving her arms and legs, and we are trilled. Being young and healthy, she recovered at the unexpected rate. Still, she remains unconscious, but, I'm pretty sure, she smiles at me today.
I will blog more often and her friends will join me.
Hugs
Ponsawan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the first day you posted about Ada I have been praying and thinking about you and her so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think about what you and your precious daughter are experiencing. (I have sons your daughters age). Often in the middle of my day you will come to mind and I stop and say a prayer for Ada. God bless you Ponsawan ... may the Lord be your strength and Ada's awesome healer!!

Nevenka Balunovic said...

Good to hear about improvement. I think of you and wish you all the best.

Iris Mishly said...

Dear Ponsawan, my eyes filled with tears, i'm praying for you all...
Iris.

Rachel said...

Dear Ponsawan,

I wish Ada well and may god bless you two.

Rachel