Monday, December 15, 2014

Sleeping is a Beauty

I, finally, gave in and asked for the 3 shrift aids to come and stay with Ada during the night hours. We had tried different medications for her to help with sleeping, but we cannot find anything beside Trazadone which will get her to sleep but will not keep her sleep through the night.
Remember her brain does not function like ours and, lacking ability to talk or communicate clearly, I cannot tell why she keeps waking up every 2-3 hours. The only thing I can think of is Mommy snores too loud and wake her up, but I have to be in the room with her at night.
So, we had 3 shrift aids for a month now, and Ada had slept well through the night. At the same time, mom also has 7 hours of sleep 5 days a week.
So, happy Ada and happy mom.
What is a big deal, you might ask, why don't we have this arrangement long time ago.
Well, we now have 4 different aids who come to out house and take turn taking care of Ada. We have a nurse comes in each day for feeding and Behavior Therapist who comes here once a week. Total strangers who are now part of the family. I gave up on wearing pajama, have to walk around with cloth on all the time. I gave up my privacy so I can sleep.
Next month Ada will turn 30, I would like to have a Birthday Party for her, let me know if you caould help or come to the party.

No comments: